„At the Interface of Tolerance and Defense”
Wednesday November 29th 4:00 – 6:30pm CET
Welcome address by the Organizers
1) Why are sperm to immunogenic and which tolerance mechanisms exist: Testis vs. epididymis
Kenneth Tung (University of Virginia, USA)
4:00 – 4:30pm CET
2) What happens during testicular tissue transplantation? Is the immune system reacting?
Ellen Goossens (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium)
4:30 – 5:00pm CET
3) Sertoli cell transplantation: An innovative way to study testis immune regulation
Jannette Dufour (Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, USA)
5:00 – 5:30pm CET
4) Central immune tolerance and fertility in males and females
Margaret Petroff (Michigan State University, USA)
5:30 – 6:00pm CET
5) T cells in tumor progression
Magdalena Huber (Philipps-University Marburg, Germany)
6:00 – 6:30pm CET
Thursday November 30th 8:00 – 10:00am CET
1) Overview about the diversity of clinical manifestations and challenges (not only considering immunology)
Jens Rosellen (Justus-Liebig-University Giessen, Germany)
8:00 – 8:30am CET
2) What are STIs doing (differently) to escape the immune system?
Emily Bryan (Queensland University of Technology, Australia)
8:30 – 9:00am CET
3) What is the role of immunoregulatory factors in testis and epididymis?
Rukmali Wijayarathna (Hudson Institute of Medical Research and Monash University Melbourne, Australia)
9:00 – 9:30am CET
4) Which environmental factors disturb testicular and epididymal physiology?
Brett Nixon (University of Newcastle, Australia)
9:30 – 10:00am CET