§ 1 Name, Seat, Legal Status
(1) The name of the society is "European Academy of Andrology" (hereinafter referred to as EAA). EAA is an international society of scientists and clinicians active or interested in andrology. Andrology is defined as a branch of science and medicine dealing with male- specific health problems, especially reproductive and sexual functions under physiological and pathological conditions. Included in this definition shall be all related specialized branches of science and medicine. The territorial scope of EAA is worldwide, with a clear emphasis on Europe.
(2) EAA is seated in Münster, Germany. The General Assembly may decide to transfer the seat to another European city in the future.
(3) EAA is registered in the register of associations of the respective local court and has the additional designation “e.V.”.
§ 2 Accounting Year
The accounting year is defined as the calendar year.
§ 3 Non-profit status
(1) EAA pursues only non-profit aims as defined by the paragraph “tax-privileged purposes” of the Public Tax Law in Germany.
(2) Any profits can only be used for purposes in agreement with the statutes. The members receive no shares of any profit. No person shall profit from expenses alien to the purpose of EAA or by inappropriately high renumerations.
(3) Members of the official organs of EAA are entitled to claim compensation for costs and expenses incurred concerning their efforts for the Academy. The Treasurer and the Executive Council can decide on an appropriate compensation for the time expenditure.