11 Executive Council
(1) The affairs of the EAA shall be managed by an Executive Council between meetings of the General Assembly.
(2) Formation The Executive Council shall consist of the three officers of the Academy (President, Secretary, Treasurer), four members elected by the General Assembly, the immediate Past-President and the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal.
(3) The Executive Council has the following duties:
- To determine the activities of the EAA in accordance with the stated objectives (see 3).
- To decide on membership applications.
- To nominate the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal who will become a member of the Executive Council ex officio.
- The Executive Council will oversee the affairs of the journal as outlined in the publication bylaws.
(4) The Executive Council may entrust individuals or establish committees to conduct specific tasks (e.g. nomination committee).
(5) Each member of the Executive Council shall have the right to one vote. Decisions of the Council shall be taken by majority vote. In the event of a tied vote the president shall cast the deciding vote.
(6) The Executive Council shall be free to hold its meetings wherever and whenever it wishes. The meeting may be summoned at the request of the president or of four other members of the Executive Council.
(7) The secretary shall notify each of the members of the Executive Council of a meeting at least 3 months in advance. The agenda shall be circulated to the Council members at least 6 weeks in advance of the meeting.
(8) The meetings and decisions shall be noted in the minutes by the secretary. The minutes are approved by the president and the secretary and shall be sent to all Executive Council members.
(9) If the Executive Council cannot meet, decisions may be taken in writing. Six weeks shall be allowed to pass between the sending out of the ballots and the counting of the votes.