§ 11 Executive Council
(1) The affairs of the EAA shall be managed by an Executive Council between meetings of the General Assembly.
(2) The Executive Council shall consist of the three officers of the Academy (President, Secretary, Treasurer), four members elected by the General Assembly, the immediate Past-President and the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal.
(3) The Executive Council has the following duties:
- To determine the activities of the EAA in accordance with the stated objectives (see §4).
- To decide on membership applications and the Academician status.
- To nominate and confirm the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal who will become a member of the Executive Council ex officio.
- The Executive Council will oversee the affairs of the journal as outlined in the publication bylaws.
(4) The Executive Council may entrust individuals or establish committees to conduct specific tasks (e.g. education, publication, accreditation, public awareness, nomination
(5) Each member of the Executive Council shall have the right to one vote. Decisions of the Council shall be taken by majority vote. In the event of a tied vote the President shall cast the deciding vote.
(6) The Executive Council shall be free to hold its meetings wherever and whenever it wishes, preferably as tele-conferences or in connection with congresses or educational events. The absentees should participate in important decisions by casting votes by email.
(7) The Officers can occasionally hold separate meetings but should send the minutes to other Executive Council members.
(8) A meeting of the Executive Council may be summoned at the request of the President or of four other members of the Executive Council.
(9) The Secretary shall notify all members of the Executive Council of a meeting at least 2 weeks in advance. The agenda shall be circulated to the Council members at least 3 days in advance of the meeting.
(10) The meetings and decisions shall be noted in the minutes by the Secretary. The minutes are approved by the President and the Secretary and shall be sent to all Executive Council members.