§ 4 Objectives
(1) The purposes of the EAA are:
- to support science and research in andrology and related fields,
- to support public health,
- to support general, public and specialised andrology education,
(2) These aims of EAA should be achieved by the following activities:
- To take all measures required to raise the scientific standards of andrology in
Europe by encouraging basic research in all fields of andrology and focusing this
work on areas of clinical importance and need, including male contraception.
- To frame guidelines for national and European directives concerned with the
qualifications and training of andrologists.
- To establish a clinical training programme for physicians who wish to become
specialists in andrology.
- To publish an international journal with a high scientific standard.
- To encourage a dialogue between scientists and clinicians active in the field of andrology and to organize every two years a European Congress of Andrology,
and other scientific meetings.
- To develop strategies for increasing public awareness of andrology and the special
problems relating to male-specific health problems, including male fertility, fertility
disorders, male cancers, sexual dysfunction and contraception.
- To support other tax-privileged national or international associations and
corporations non-materially or financially within the aims described under §4.
(3) For realization of the non-profit purposes, the EAA can cooperate with auxiliary persons
and can become member of other associations and corporations.